Weekly Ocean City Basketball League Results
Shawn J. Soper
OCEAN CITY – The Ocean City Recreation and Parks Department’s winter boys basketball league is continuing with a full slate of games at Northside Park. The following is a quick look at some recent league action:
– Key Advisor Group 58-AGH 37: Tevon Tyre scored 19 points while Will Howell and John Lewis added 12 each as Key Advisor topped AGH. London Tucker scored 11 and Ryan McGuire scored 10 for AGH in the loss.
– OC/Berlin Optimists 28-Delmarva Irish Club 8: Torney Brittingham scored 12 points and Elio Telo added 10 as the Optimists rolled the Irish.
– Outback Steakhouse 45-OC Rec Boosters 33: This one turned out to be a two-horse race as Sam Richter scored 32 points for the victorious Outback and Toney Floyd scored 24 points for the Boosters in the loss.
– Castle in the Sand 42-OC Rec Boosters 10: Montez Purnell scored 16 points to lead Castle in the Sand over the Boosters.
– Dough Roller 30-Trimper’s Rides 21: Zach Kolb scored a game-high 15 points and Greg Ray contributed 13 as the Dough Roller got by Trimper’s. Colin Gaynor led Trimper’s with 11 points in the loss.
– American Legion 34-Fager’s Island 23: Zach Elmer and Clayton Hardy each scored 12 points, while Talib Rice added eight as the Legion downed Fager’s. Sam Izzo led Fager’s with 15 points.
– OC Lions Club 60-Applebee’s 30: Trent Bennett scored 16 points and Tim Wood added 13 as the Lions doubled up Applebee’s. Stefie Tropkoff scored 11 points for Applebee’s in the losing effort.
– OC Rec Boosters 31-Maui Golf 28: Aaron Miller scored a game-high 13 points and six other players got in the box score as the Boosters prevailed. Ken Goodyear led Maui Golf with 10 points.
– OC/Berlin Optimists 20-McDonald’s 1: Torrey Brittingham scored 11 of his team’s 20 points in the win. Tyler Raber scored his team’s only point in the loss.
– Key Advisor Group 53-Outback Steakhouse 25: Teron Tyre and Colin Macomber led the Key Group with 14 and 10 points respectively. Sam Richter scored 12 and James Mapp scored 11 for Outback in the loss.
– Trimper’s Rides 36-PNC Bank 11: Colin Gaynor scored a game-high 19 points and Taeon Mills added 10 as Trimper’s came out on top.
– American Legion 28-Dough Roller 26: In a close game, Talib Rice led the Legion with 12 points and Chase Sams contributed eight. Zach Kolb led all scorers in the game with 16 points for Dough Roller in a losing effort.
– OC Lions Club 40-Comcast 27: Justin Arlett scored 12 points and Joe Wilson added 10 as the Lions topped Comcast. Tyler Middleton scored nine points for Comcast in the loss.